Tips and general GUIDELINES to consider if you are planning to invest in COSTA RICA
Let's make it easy, learn differently
Costa Rica is an amazing country with a widely diverse culture, history, nature and it’s kindly people. Coming to the happiest place on Earth for sure will be your greatest adventure.
Costa Rica it’s such a gorgeous destination for vacationing but also for business.
Let’s move on into some important information we wan’t to share with you so you can close your deal successfully.
English Speaking Escrow Agents Ready To Assist You
Find Out What You Prefer
Click on the button of your choice to see more about the topic of your interest.
Tax Payment & Filling Information
Obligations For Owners Of Rental Properties
We prepared the following explanation with assistance of our CPA and experienced team. According to the Law 9635, the activity of renting houses is automatically taxed as Returns on Real Estate, therefore a new type of form has to be prepared.
There are Two Ways to Pay the Taxes:
Capital Gain on the real estate income
Of the total rental income, you can automatically deduct 15% of expenses and on the remaining 85%, pay 15% tax. This is the same as 12.75% of the effective rate on the total of the incomes received (Form D-125).
Regular Income Tax filed once a year
In order to keep regular income tax filing and avoid the way before mentioned, the law established a requirement to have at least one employee registered in the CCSS (Caja Costarricense de Seguro Social) which is the socialized medical bureau with all worker benefits. To apply, the taxpayer must complete a formal request to the Tax Adminisitration of Costa Rica and wait for them to approve it (Form D-101).
Please Consider the Following Obligations:
For a free consultation, please complete the form.